DO NOT USE SITES BY CARLOS!

I asked Carlos to do 3 sites for me. I was told to pay half the amount and half when the sites are done.

Not even when all the sites were done, he asked for his other half of the payment. I asked him to finish and finalize my other sites he then threatened to shut down my current site which was my main income. There were multiple issues with all 3 sites. He collected all his money and its always been an issue trying to contact him to get anything fixed.

Once he collected his money, he then ignores phone calls, doesn't answer emails, and doesn't even bother contacting his clients back. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN ANY BUSINESS AND HE IS THE WORST WEB DEVELOPER (IDK IF HE EVEN IS ONE) I'VE EVER WORKED WITH AND HE ONLY CARES ABOUT TAKING YOUR MONEY!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sites By Carlos Web Development.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 20, 2016.

Comments

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #1332535

Did you ever you ever get in touch with this guy? He did the same thing to me!!

Stay away from Carlos Reyes, aka Carl Reid New Ideas Web Design or Sites by Carlos

1.5

In March of 2013 I contracted Carlos Reyes (New Ideas Web Design; Sites by Carlos; Wordpress Guru) to design a new website for me. It was to take two months and cost $2,000.

I was promised a fully finished, mobile-ready site. The initial phase of the project went smoothly and I paid 1/3. In the second phase, Carlos started to make excuses and was extremely late delivering the work. But I paid him the second 1/3.

THEN, he dropped off communication altogether. Having already committed $1,800, I hounded him until I got a reply. I had to make threats and even went so far as to contact the courts in Florida. Eventually, he replied with the excuse that he had been hospitalized, but now I don't believe that, as he did manage to take a picture of himself in the hospital with his phone.

If that were the case, why couldn't he send me a simple email? At any rate, he delivered the final website files halfway through September (nearly five months late). He claimed that the site was finished and mobile ready, and not knowing how to check these things, I paid him the final amount. Turns out that the site was not mobile-ready at all and my visitors were having trouble reading tons of pages across multiple devices and browsers.

After spending thousands more trying to retro-fit this jumbled mess, I have finally decided to scrap the whole thing and start over. I reached out to Carlos several times after the fact and of course, received no reply. Carlos Reyes sounds great when you first contact him.

But be warned. This stops once he gets your money.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 06, 2015.